Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pretenders or Contenders


Tonight I will be placed in front of my computer listening to the Miami-Clemson basketball game. Thanks to the great foresight of TV producers and the fine leaders of the ACC, WCCPFM.com will be my only option for coverage of tonight's contest.

Once again, Clemson finds itself behind the 8-ball. All season I have heard how this is the best Clemson team in history, this team is special, blah, blah, blah and the proceed to turn in an effort like they did against FSU 8 days ago. With all due respect to my good friend from Miami, but there is no reason why we should not win this game. I don't give a rip about Jack McClinton. I do not give a rip about Duke and then their follow up win against Maryland. That being said, you have to respect Miami because they did something that our friends on Rocky Top could not do after defeating Memphis this past weekend.

Call me cocky, call me misinformed, call me whatever you may but I just feel like if we play our game, can get into our press, which means we are scoring, that we can beat Miami tonight by 10 points. I know Jack McClinton is HOT. I really do not give a freak, play DEFENSE, get after him, deny him, make someone else beat you. I know Miami presents a challenge down low on the blocks, hell James Mays was considering leaving school for the NBA last year if he cannot handle a guy from Miami on the blocks then he needs to reevaluate his career goals. Travis Booker has to do his part.

The key to tonight's game is going to be guard play. Clemson's guard play has been suspect to say the least. Maybe inconsistent is the better word. Nah, our guard play has just sucked. White Chocolate is going to have to stop pulling up from Greenville and jacking 3's. This is not AND1!!!! Stitt has to force tempo, get the ball down low and score off of dribble penetration. I would like to see Hammond and Rivers hit some shots and make good decision on offense. Will we hit free throws tonight? The more I read what I have written, the more concerned I get about the game tonight.

Maybe it is just Clemson Disease. I feel like I am back in the fall all over again. Here we are with our destiny in our own hands. You win, you're in, you lose you are playing on Thursday and are not guaranteed a trip to The Dance. What more can this team want? Playing at home for a chance to take one step closer to locking up a #3 seed in the ACC Tournament, in front of a Sold Out crowd, with a chance to do something that has not been done in 10 years, I would be excited to play in that type of atmosphere but I still hold my breath.

Which Clemson team shows up tonight? I guess if I could answer that question I would be a wealthy man and not wasting the taxpayers money while writing my rants about Clemson basketball and listening to Clemson baseball.

Enough with the crap!! Clemson 75 Miami 65 in a seesaw game where Clemson hits shots down the stretch to win comfortably. GO TIGERS BEAT MIAMI!!!!

No comments: